Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Invites Designed and Made by the Birthday Girl

Tonight my son had a late night baseball game.  My daughter prefers not to go to his games and tonight she wanted to stay home to work on a craft project.  She wanted to make her birthday invitations.  We have already asked, and somewhat made arrangements with two of friends for her birthday party but she insisted that they be sent invites.  I think she may come by this naturally!

This is what my kitchen counter looked like when I got home.
In carpentry, this would be called "measure twice, cut once".  In the crafting world, this is called "making a pattern".  She has even put arrows with directions:  "move everything up".

 Here are the finished products that I will be dropping in the mail in the morning.

They were folded and placed in unsealed envelopes.  She wanted me to proof them before we sealed the envelopes.
I could've bought invitations or given her instructions on exactly what to do but I love that she likes to create things with her own style.  After all, this is the sign she made and has hanging above her art table.
Give children supplies to create and tell them it's OK to color outside the lines!

"Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist when we grow up."  -Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment