Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Good Book Series

I actually don't mind rainy days because they are good days to spend inside napping and reading.  One of my favorite authors recently came out with a new book.  She's a Swedish mystery author and I LOVE her books.  Here is her most recent one.
I like these mysteries because they aren't all blood and gore.  In each book, just when I think I have it all figured out, a twist is thrown in that I didn't see coming.  There are seven books in the series but only four have been translated to English.  Here are the translated ones in order:  The Ice Princess, The Preacher, The Stonecutter and The Stranger. 

Erica Falck and Patrik Hedstrom are the main characters.  Erica is an author and Patrick is a detective.  Their relationship builds as they solve each mystery.  Some of the books are steeped in Swedish history, others incorporate social media, all deal with psychological twists and turns.  My only disappointment with these books is that they are quick reads and end too soon!

 "I don't like to be alone, but I do cherish the moments that I'm alone with a good book."  -Vin Scully

No comments:

Post a Comment