Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Knit 4th of July Flag

I couldn't wait to get home from work tonight to start a new knitting project - just in time for the Fourth of July.  We've been invited to a party on the 4th and I wanted to bring a hostess gift and decided that this is the perfect gift.

I will be using this yarn (Fantasy Naturale - 100% cotton)
and these needles
with this pattern
 to make this centerpiece/dishcloth/hotpad (the picture isn't too clear - it's an American flag).
This is a free pattern on the Plymouth Yarn website.  Here is the link to the website:  www.plymouthyarn.com  Click on PATTERNS and then choose FREE PATTERNS.  Enter pattern number F338.  This would be a great project for someone who is learning to knit with multiple colors.  (You need to carry the yarn up the side when changing colors - always wrap the yarn you are going to use from the bottom.  Search You Tube for "how to" carry yarn - there are lots of great videos.  You have plenty of time get your yarn and get your flag made too!!!

"I love my freedom.  I love my America."  -Jessi Lane Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment