Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Beaded Flowers

Beading can be really addictive.  There are so many things you can do with beads besides creating earrings, necklaces and bracelets.  I got this great book for Christmas last year.


Using the book, I altered one of the patterns to make this beaded flower and then put it on a wine bottle as a gift for my sister and brother-in-law.


Today, I used the same altered pattern to make headband flowers for my daughter.  I got a few headbands from Target.


I let Hannah pick out the beads she wanted to use and then I got out my 24-gauge wire to use as bead string.


I just started stringing the beads until I felt that they made a petal size appropriate to the headband.  These headbands are thin so I didn't want to have a big, heavy beaded flower on them.


Twist and add more beads for another petal.


Then add more.......


I always make my flowers with an odd number of petals.  This one has nine petals.


I added a few beads for the center of the flower.


Then I fired up the hot glue gun - added a little dab to the headband.  I made sure to tuck in all of the wire ends so Hannah didn't have little pokey ends sticking into her head.


I pressed the flower into the hot glue.


I also made a second flowered headband using smaller beads.




Here's my happy and satisfied customer with her new headband, which she told me she is wearing to school tomorrow.


"When I was a kid, I was trendier.  I'd wear anything.  I was in love with beads and platforms."  -Michael Kors


No comments:

Post a Comment