Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sled Upcycle

I love to have pictures of my family every where I look in my house.  For me, it's not enough to just have frames placed neatly on an end table.  I like to have pictures on my end tables, on my mantel even hanging on the wall  - but not just hung neatly in frames.

While on an antique shopping trip, I saw an old sled.  I loved its look and thought it would make a perfect shelf to hang on the wall to display pictures.  I just needed to convince my husband that it was a great idea -  I needed someone to make the wooden pieces for the shelves!

Thankfully he understood my vision and here is what it looks like.



My husband cut pieces of oak that drop down on the pieces of the sled that hold the runners to the top.  It was a simple project with a fabulous result!

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language."  -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment