Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 28, 2012

My Grandma's Button

My grandma had a blue fake fur coat that she got from her aunt.  I don't remember her wearing it much but I loved it.  I don't know what happened to the coat but when my mom was helping to clean out my grandma's house, she found a button from that coat tucked in a drawer. 

My mom recognized the button and thought that I would like to have it.  I think I surprised her in the manner in which I "beautified" the button.  It's a necklace that goes great with a royal blue blouse I have.


Making something new again doesn't erase the memories of when it was old......it just adds new memories to the ones you already have!  This button reminds me of my grandma when it was an actual button but now it also reminds me of my friend Libby who gave me a 40th Birthday Party and I wore this necklace.  It also reminds me of my daughter playing dress up and begging me to wearing this as the crowning touch to her amazing outfit.  It will remind me of my birthday dinner and concert with my husband when I wear it with my new black dress on Sunday.  Can't wait to make more new memories!

"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."  -Helen Keller



No comments:

Post a Comment