Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Name in Photographs

Every day I walk in the door and am greeted with this picture.
I took the photographs.  Each photograph is a letter.  Each letter comes from something special to my husband and it spells out our last name - BOSAK.  This was an anniversary gift for my husband.  Here are close ups of each letter.
This is "B".  My husband and oldest son cut, hauled and stacked this wood on our property "up north".  The little stick is his fire stoking stick.
This is the "O".  It's the front tire of my oldest son's dirt bike - something his dad likes to do will all three of our kiddos - including our 10 year old girlie girl daughter.
 This is the "S".  Believe it or not, this is not a manufactured picture.  I just happened to be walking on the beach on Madeline Island (one of the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior) and there it was!  Madeline Island has been a special place for our whole family.
This is the "A".  While searching for a cabin site on our 40 acres "up north", I stumbled across these random oak tree branches and it turned out to be the perfect spot for a family get away.
This is the "K".  My husband loves to create things with wood.  These screws were on his work bench while he was working on a project for my parents.

After this project, I look for letters all around me.  Here are some examples (one is more obvious than the others):



 A, I, O, M, O (Os are pretty easy to find!)  See how many you can find.  Maybe you can find the letters to spell "daughter" or "mom" or "friend" or "teacher"........  Black and white, sepia, colored - it's fun to play with the "letters" to get the affect you want too.  Maybe you can create something that welcomes you home too.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."  -Ansel Adams









No comments:

Post a Comment