Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday Radio

Saturdays are my cleaning days.  Most of my chores I don't really look forward to....especially cleaning the toilets but one thing that gets me through is listening to the radio.

My ultimate favorite radio show is on Saturdays from 1pm to 2pm on FM 107.1.  It's called "The Weekly Dish" and it's hosted by Stephanie Hansen and Stephanie March.  Here's the link to their show page:  http://www.mytalk1071.com/shows/weeklydish.  These two fun women talk about food and all things food related - recipes, food events, new restaurants, tried and true restaurants, new chefs, cook books, foodie guests - you name it, they talk about it.  Today they talked with Heather from Heather's Dirty Goodness.  I can't wait to make a trip to Kowalski's to check out her seasonings!

By going to their show page, you can listen to their show "on demand".  They list weekly dining deals and share the most amazing recipes.  They share lots of links for great recipes, tickets for food events, restaurants, etc.  You can even subscribe to podcasts of their show via iTunes.  From today's show, I plan on trying the Apple-Phyllo Studel.  I'm going to the Minneapolis Farmers' Market in the morning with the sole purpose of finding some fresh Granny Smith apples to use in this recipe!

I'm always sad when the hour is over but it sure makes cleaning go much faster.  I've ALMOST begun to look forward to my Saturday afternoon chores.

"I can turn on the radio right now and be inspired."  -Courtney Love


No comments:

Post a Comment