Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday Tea Party

My birthday is coming up and I've been thinking about throwing a tea party for a few of my close friends and me.  I want it to be a very feminine affair and use my "fancy" dishes, crystal and silverware.  I was actually inspired when I was sorting through some old pictures.

A number of years ago, Hannah wanted a tea party themed birthday.  We sent out flowery invitations and asked everyone to come dressed as a princess.  We tied the chairs in tulle.

I filled glass bowls with pink roses.

I set each place setting with a place card and "fancy" dishes and silverware.

I used linen tablecloths.  For the centerpiece, I filled teapots with pink roses, had pink candles, wove  a string of pearls and tulle around the candles and flowers and sprinkled crystals throughout.


The menu consisted of lemonade, butterfly cut out sandwiches, mini blueberry muffins and fruit kabobs.  Instead of a birthday cake, I served petit fours.


The little girls made beaded bracelets and played pin the butterfly on the flower.  They listened to a story (Jennie's Hat by Ezra Jack Keats) and decorated straw hats.

It was so much fun to put all of this together.  I think it would be fun to do for my friends too.  I will send out flowery invitations but the princess attire will be optional.  I will use the same decorations but for my menu, instead of lemonade and petit fours, I think I will contact Tortino and Vino (http://tortinavino.blogspot.com) who pair cupcakes and wine!  Maybe instead of art activities we will discuss books we've read, places we want to go, movies we'd recommend, recipes we've tried and loved......the topics are endless when good friends are together.  Can't wait to start planning!

"Friends make the bad times good and the good times unforgettable."  -Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment