Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Brown Paper Wrapping

How many times have you purchased a gift for someone, gotten it home and realized that you have nothing with which to wrap it?  This happens to me all of the time and I bet you're thinking.....she should learn her lesson and buy a bunch of gift wrap (when it's on sale) just for this purpose.  Well, I'm a slow learner and I love to be a repeat offender.

While on Facebook, one of my friends "Pinned"(olderandwisor.blogspot.com/search/label/gift wrappin') some creative ways to wrap gifts using brown paper.   I didn't have any brown paper BUT I did have a Trader Joe's brown paper bag.  Turned inside out, it's as good as brown paper!  I also found some colored paper and cut out a few nickel sized circles.


I decided to use my sewing machine and sew the circles on to the paper using pretty pink thread.  I just used a regular straight stitch and sewed across the paper in a random pattern and added circles as I went.


I sewed the back and front together; made a glitter letter out of scrap cardboard; bent up the little circles to give them some dimension; and tucked the gift inside.


Since this first package, I've made a couple more.  When I made this one, I used circles sewn on to look like buttons.  I hand stitched the sides and made a glitter letter.


This one, I used a hole punch for the ribbons to be woven in on the sides and I added a flower sticker Hannah had in her paper supplies.


I don't think I'll ever buy wrapping paper again!!!  I think the next ones may be covered in buttons or pinecones or splatter painted or doodled on or tied up in knots or strung with beads.  Oh, the possibilities are endless!  "You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  -Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment