Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fishing Lure Earrings

Have you ever looked at something and said to yourself, "that would make a cute necklace" or "I wonder if those could be made into earrings" or "that could be a charm on a bracelet"?  This happens to me once in a while and inevitably in the most unusual places.

I was at a local store and had to walk through the hunting/fishing section to get to the paint section.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of fluorescent color and had to stop to see what it was.  It was a grouping of fishing lures.  Neat, I thought and walked away to find my paint.

I couldn't get those fishing lures out of my mind.  Before I knew it, I found myself standing in front of those wonderfully bright little objects.  I bought 2 packages for $2 each.  Each package contained 2 identical fishing lures.

By the end of the afternoon, the painting I had planned didn't get done but those fishing lures became gifts for two teenage girls!
  "Beauty is the promise of happiness."  -Stendhal

No comments:

Post a Comment