Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

GMA Deals - My New Obsession

This morning the kiddos were out the door for school.  The house was picked up.  Beds were made.  Breakfast dishes were done.  I was ready for work with 2 hours to spare so........I thought I'd pick up my knitting and sit down and watch one of the national morning TV shows.  I very rarely watch TV and never in the morning but today, I sat down with my knitting on my lap and my coffee at my side and turned on "Good Morning America".  Now I'm hooked because of one recurring segment called "GMA Deals".

As soon as the segment was over, I hopped on my computer and found the link - http://gma.yahoo.com/deals.


We're a family on a tight budget so I'm always on the hunt for school supplies, gifts, clothes, home accessories, etc. at a great price.  This website won't be my go to for toilet paper or contact solution but if I need a cute birthday gift or a unique frame or special occasion jewelry or make up or grilling accessories or.....you see where I'm going with this???  It's for the fun things in life that you just have to have but it would be nice to pay half or less than half the price. 

Today, it just so happens that I needed two special gifts - one for my oldest niece and her mom.  One had a birthday last week and the other has a birthday this week.  I know my niece appreciates the birthday money she receives from us but this year I wanted to send something fun.  So I used the "deals" link and got her and her mom cupcakes from DC Cupcake to share.  There are lots of great local cupcake places (Cupcake on University Avenue is Hannah's all time favorite place for lunch and a cupcake treat) but ordering them from DC Cupcake just seemed a little more "special" - what with them having a TV show and all!  I ordered them the "Fashionista" cupcakes for 50% off.  This is what I hope they look like - according the the DC Cupcake website - www.georgetowncupcake.com.

I hope it gives them a little joy when they arrive AND I hope I get a phone call to come and share!

"Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed, but cupcakes make it worthwhile." - Cupcake Forum



No comments:

Post a Comment