Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Craving pizza but not just any pizza!

I'm craving pizza.  Not just any pizza though.  I'm not crazy about "regular" pizza.  I don't care for red sauce and I like to be able to taste more than just the cheese on my toppings.  My favorite place to go for great pizza is Toast Wine Bar & Cafe in Minneapolis - http://toastwinebarandcafe.com.

Toast has 9 types of pizzas - no pepperoni on this menu!  My favorite is the mushrooms, leeks, provolone cheese and white truffle oil but the roasted butternut squash, serano ham and blue cheese is good too.  The pizzas are about the size of a dinner plate.  If I'm really hungry, I can almost eat an entire pizza myself.  They have a crispy, thin crust and are truly decadent.  The chefs use local and organic produce.  The pizzas are either $12 or $14.  The wine list is extensive and the atmosphere is fun and inviting.  Even my husband liked eating there and he is not an "eat out" kind of guy.

There is no parking lot for this restaurant so you need to find a spot on the street.  The times I've been there, parking has never been an issue.  (I've been there at different times of the day too.)  Guess I know where we'll be eating sometime this weekend!  Maybe I'll see you there!

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating."  -Luciano Pavarotti








No comments:

Post a Comment