Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Red Velvet Rice Krispie Recipe

Tomorrow my children return to school.  It's a little bittersweet.  I've loved being home with them this summer and it will be hard to give up our carefree schedule.  But life moves on and they need to get back to school.  Every year, the night before the first day of school, I make them a special dinner and dessert.  I'd like to share the dessert I made tonight.  It's a recipe my friend Jenny gave me for Red Velvet Rice Krispie Bars.  It's easy but oh so delicious!  Here are the ingredients you'll need:


3 TBSP butter; 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows; 1 tsp vanilla extract; 1/2 cup red velvet cake mix (this you can decrease or increase depending on taste); 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies; vanilla candy coating or white chocolate chips

Melt the butter, marshmallows, cake mix and vanilla over low heat.  Stir until smooth.




Fold in the Cocoa Krispies.


Transfer cereal mixture to a 9x13 inch pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.




Press the mixture into the pan.



Let cool then drizzle melted chocolate over the top.



Let the chocolate harden then cut and serve.



Enjoy!  "Cooking is at once child's play and adult joy.  And cooking done with care is an act of love."  - Craig Claiborne

No comments:

Post a Comment