Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Bottle Tree

I live on a cul-de-sac so there is only one way in and out of my neighborhood.  I have been driving by my neighbors' house every day and admiring their lawn art.  Today I decided to walk down to their house armed with my camera to see what this fun, whimsical, artsy "thing" was in their yard.
 It's a bottle tree.  Today she changed out the bottles with Thanksgiving colors.  She was also preparing other bottles for Christmas. 

She starts with wine bottles of all shapes and sizes (she has lots of people sharing their wine bottles with her).  Then she primes them and paints them.
These are ready for Christmas.
Her husband welded "the tree" out of rolled steel.  She painted it black.  The side prongs are off set and long enough to keep the bottle from falling off - even in a strong wind.
She said she had pink, purple and white for Valentine's Day and in the summer, when she had it at the lake, she used really bright colors and put it in the middle of her flower garden.  She also said that any bottle with a small neck will work.  For small bottles, just make the "tree" smaller.  I can't wait to start on one for our yard!!

"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."  -Henry David Thoreau






No comments:

Post a Comment