Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Memory Cookbook

Here's what my kitchen table looks like.
I'm supposed to be getting ready for Thanksgiving.  My family and my husband's family have come to our house for Thanksgiving every year and have been for many, many years.  It was in preparation of our guests that I got the idea of something I wanted to make for my niece who will be spending her Thanksgiving in Spain this year instead of with us.  Of course it couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving for me to get started on it - it had to be tonight.  I decided to make her a Newman/Bosak Thanksgiving cookbook.  It will have photographs and recipes of all the people and food with which she has grown up.

So.... I cut apart cardboard.


Took out my supply of fall looking paper and "do-dads".
Found some photographs of Thanksgiving past.
I set to work.  The first thing I did was glue paper to the cardboard pieces I had cut out.
Then I added a photograph........
and a recipe.......
and then another photograph........
and then another recipe........
and so on........






I am no where near done.  I have many more recipes to record and many more photos to use.  I also left room on each recipe page for an actual picture of each dish - I will take photos of the food on Thanksgiving Day!  AND it needs a cover!!! 

My niece is the first to spread her wings and I'd like to be able to give her some connection to her family even when she can't be with us.  Love you Anna!

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."  -Thornton Wilder





No comments:

Post a Comment