Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkin Placecards

Now that Halloween has come and gone, we are thinking ahead to Thanksgiving.  While at my parents' house this weekend, my mom and daughter got busy creating the placecards for our Thanksgiving table.

The first step was creating the flat piece that would hold the name of our guest and our little pumpkin decoration.  My mom has a Cuddlebug that my daughter has become proficient at using.  With brown cardstock, my daughter used the Cuddlebug to cut out each placecard.  (We used a 4"x3" design.)  Her favorite part was "popping"  the placecard out of the paper!




 Next, we folded the placecards but not quite in half.  We used a bone folder to get our edge nice and crisp.
I dragged the edges of the placecard over my brown stamp pad to give it a little dimension.

We wanted to add little pumpkins to our placecards so the first step was to emboss the orange paper with little polka dots (flat orange paper would work just fine too).  Again, we used the Cuddlebug, this time to emboss the paper.


My mom made little template ovals for my daughter to trace.  Three little ovals comprise one pumpkin.  The ovals are about 1 3/4" long and about 1" across.  While my daughter traced, I cut.

Just as with the placecards, I dragged the edges of each oval over my orange stamp pad to give the pumpkin a little dimension.
I used roll on glue to adhere the three pumpkin pieces together - two in the back and the third on the top.
Using a scrap piece of brown paper, I made a little stem.  With a little more roll on glue, I attached it to the back of the pumpkin. And there you have a little pumpkin.....well, almost!

I tied a little raffia around the stem and my daughter glued on a little leaf.  NOW it's a little pumpkin!


Using a little more roll on glue, my daughter attached the little pumpkin to the placecard.

We added a name with a brown marker.

Now we have a whole garden of pumpkins awaiting their placement on our Thanksgiving table!

"If you are really thankful, what do you do?  You share."  -W. Clement Stone











No comments:

Post a Comment