Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

All About Yarn - My Favorite Local Yarn Shop

Yarn, knitting needles, patterns for hats, scarves, fingerless mittens, cowls, blankets, sweaters, vests, shawls.......... There is only one place I go for all of these things and that place is All About Yarn.
It's located at 455 99th Avenue NW, Suite 180, Coon Rapids, MN (in the strip mall at the corner of 99th and Foley Boulevard).  The link to their website is www.allaboutyarn.biz.  This is also the place I like to go for fellowship with other women who like to read, who are fabulous cooks, who are politically active, who are doting grandmas, who are loyal friends - on yeah - and who love to knit.

I knit at the shop every Tuesday from 11am to 1pm.  It's called a "Pick A Project Class".  Everyone in the class is knitting something different and shop staff is on hand to answer any questions, rip out and help correct mistakes.  I've been knitting in this group for about five years.  We've laughed, cried, given advice and support, watched one in our group succumb to cancer, cheered each other on and made many a knitted project in the process!

All About Yarn offers lots of classes for beginners to advanced - making scarves, fingerless mittens, felted flip flops, shawls, Fiddlehead mittens, socks - just to name a few.  They also offer specialty classes like knitting with beads, wet felting, dying silk scarves - many more fun classes.

Here's a look inside to this fabulous local yarn shop.


It's my daughter's favorite place too.  She's been to a few "Pick A Project" Tuesday morning classes with me.  She adores the women in my group too!  She has knit American Girl Doll dresses, scarves, bags and doll blankets.  (The yarn on the left is for a patterned scarf she is starting and the one on the left will be a lacy scarf for a friend.)  I love that it's something we can do together!
The next time you're in the Coon Rapids, MN area, stop in.  Roxanne and her staff are fabulous!  The only drawback.......so many projects and yarn to choose from; it's hard to choose just one!

"I make a habit of setting aside some time each evening to take out my knitting and work quietly on it happily relaxing.  I believe that it prepares me for sleep and washes away the cares of my day."  -Stephanie Pearl McPhee

No comments:

Post a Comment