Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Best Ever Banana Bread - according to my kids!

We go through a lot of bananas in our household.  I think I eat at least two a day.  My boys like smoothies so I freeze bananas to add to their healthy bedtime or after school snack.  My husband likes to eat sliced bananas on his Raisin Bran each morning.  My daughter likes banana slices on graham crackers with a little bit of peanut butter for an after school snack.

Even with all of the things we do with bananas, there are times that we have some that get a little over ripe.  I love to make banana bread with these bananas.  I've tried many recipes and have found one that I really like.  The banana bread turns out moist every time.  I thought I'd share the recipe.

Here are the ingredients:

3 overly ripe bananas - I've even used 4 or 5 bananas without increasing the other ingredients.  It just makes the banana bread even more moist.
2 cups flour & 1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, 3 Tablespoons milk & 1/2 cup oil
Mix all of the ingredients together.  At this point, you can add ingredients like nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit......pretty much anything goes!
Prepare two loaf pans with non-stick spray.  I like to use glass pans.  I have found that metal pans cause the edges/sides of the bread to cook too quickly.  The result is over done bread on the outside and raw dough on the inside.  The glass pans seem to evenly cook the bread.
Divide the dough evenly between the two pans and bake in a 350 degree over for 45-60 minutes.

When done, remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Once cool, slice and ENJOY!  (Tonight, my 16 year old son ate an entire loaf!

"Oh, I adore to cook.  It makes me feel so mindless in a worthwhile way."  -Truman Capote









No comments:

Post a Comment