Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Heirloom Displays

I am a collector of a lot of things but some of my most cherished possessions are my dishes.  I have leaf dishes and wedding china and crystal goblets and pottery and teapots and.....I really could go on and on.  Just ask my husband! 

I display my dishes in a china cabinet my husband made for me.  I added a little twist to my display.  With the ones I have been given as heirlooms, I have tucked in a picture of the women who have cherished them before me.

These are some of those heirloom dishes.  They are pink depression glass - Miss America.  They were my Great Grandma Flossie's.  Then my Aunt Lonnie had them.  She gave them to me.  I have pictures of my grandma and my aunt displayed with the dishes.  Maybe someday one of my children or grandchildren will add a picture of me!
"One lives in the hope of becoming a memory."  -Antonio Porchia

No comments:

Post a Comment