Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Great Cowl/Snood Pattern

I was so thrilled to finish another knitting project as it's getting cold and I want to wear it!  It was a super easy pattern from Churchmouse Classics.  It's called Annabella's Cowl.  It's knit in the round on size 16 needles.  I used Malabrigo yarn, worsted weight.  I thought I would only need one skein but ran out before it was long enough.  The other yarns were a different dye lot so we just ripped it back to where I just knit round after round and I started a second yarn and alternated each row - my original yarn and a yarn with the new dye lot.  I really like the way it turned out.  Here it is right after I bound it off.
When I block my projects, I usually submerge them in a full bucket or bowl of water.  I let these projects soak over night.  This one was no exception.
This morning, I lightly wrung it out and placed it on my cookie cooling racks (this gets the air circulating on the top and bottom) and I put it in front of a fan.  It was dry within a few hours.
 This cowl was supposed to be 24" long but I stopped at 17".  To make it any longer would have made it too long for me.  The pattern does show that when it's longer you can wrap and tie it like a scarf but I only want to wear it as a cowl and a snood.
Here's my daughter modeling the finished product.  Doesn't she look warm!





""Sometimes, people come up to me when I am knitting and they say things like, "Oh, I wish I could knit but I'm just not the kind of person who can sit and waste time like that."  How can knitting be wasting time?  First, I never just knit; I knit and think, knit and listen, knit and watch.  Second, you aren't wasting time if you get a useful or beautiful object at the end of it."  -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee



No comments:

Post a Comment