Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cold Vegetable Salad

My mom and I busy getting the food prepared for our Thanksgiving dinner.  We try to do as much as we can the night before so we're not stuck in the kitchen for hours on Thanksgiving Day.  One of my favorite dishes is also one of the easiest to put together and it needs to be done the night before so that makes it even better!  We just call it Vegetable Salad.  Here is the recipe:

The ingredients are:  1 small can of peas, 1 small can of white corn, 1 can of French style beans, 1 cup finely cut celery, 1 cup carrots (grated or sliced), 1 can of 3 bean salad, 1 small jar diced pimentos and 1 green pepper (chopped).
At the last minute I also decided to add some shallots from my parents' garden.
Drain the vegetables and then put them in a large bowl.
The ingredients needed for the dressing are:  1/2 cup salad oil (I use olive oil), 3/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon celery seed.
Boil these together for one minute.
Let cool slightly then pour over vegetables.
Mix gently.
Tomorrow before I serve this salad, I will drain it little then put it in a "fancy dish" to serve!

"Food is an important part of a balanced diet."  -Fran Lebowitz


No comments:

Post a Comment