Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chandelier Sun Catcher

I love it when the sun shines brightly and that doesn't happen very often these days as the weather turns colder.  Today I made something that would shine without the sun and become glorious with it. 

My mom gave me some chandelier pieces she had gotten from my aunt.
I gathered some crystals and gold beading wire and set to work to make a sun catcher!

I attached the gold wire to the top of the chandelier piece and then I strung my crystals in a random order.
Then I wrapped the wire with beads around the chandelier piece.  I made sure that I had enough beads to wrap all the way to the bottom.
Once I got to the bottom, I wrapped and twisted the plain wire back to the top and looped it through the chandelier wire.
Next I added a gold jump ring to the top of the chandelier piece so I'd have something from which to hang it.

Almost done.........
I added some shimmery ribbon to the top.
Then it was ready for my window.  Can't wait to see how it changes in the sun tomorrow!





"The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy."  -Henry Ward Beecher







No comments:

Post a Comment