Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spooky Dinner

Every year for Halloween I make my family dinner and add some fun Halloween twist.  I've looked for ideas on line but a lot require too many ingredients or would require Martha Stewart's staff to create.  I try to stick with the "less is more" idea so here are my very simple dinner ideas for this year's Hallows Eve.

I took plain strawberries, washed them and left the stems on.  Then dipped them in white chocolate and used little mini chocolate chips for eyes and a mouth.  The strawberries became "boo" berries!
 For our main course, I took jalapenos, rotisserie chicken and monterey jack cheese, layered them in a tortilla, put them in my panini press, added some black olives and I have a "yummy mummy"!

Add a little salsa for a "bloody yummy mummy"!
To go with the panini, I put a little sour cream in a zip lock bag then cut the tip (my homemade pastry bag).  I used that to write "BOO" in some tomato - I mean "Bloody Soup".  You could also use the sour cream to make a spiderweb.  Just pipe circles and drag a toothpick from the center outward.
And lastly, for dessert....... I just took chocolate cupcakes, added a little frosting and a very large spider (made with Hershey's chocolates and black licorice cut into strips).
Make it simple....make it fun....no need to spend a ton of money or hire a staff!

"Happy Halloween!"  -Jo Newman-Bosak








No comments:

Post a Comment