Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Duct Tape Flowers

Every time I walk into my bedroom, I am greeted with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  These are very low maintenance flowers - no water or light is necessary to keep them blooming.  That's because they are made out of duct tape!
This bouquet was given to me last Mother's Day by my daughter and one of my sons.  They got together and made all of the flowers.  I love how colorful they are!

My daughter has made probably hundreds of these flowers and she is asked almost daily how to make them.  She wanted me to share her instructions on my blog, so here goes..........

Here are the supplies:

colored duct tape and a pen, pencil or straw

Cut a piece of duct tape almost as long as your pen/pencil/straw - about an inch or two shorter.
Roll the duct tape around the pen/pencil/straw.  This is the stem.
Cut a square large enough to cover the end of the pen/pencil/straw.  Attach to the bottom.
On the petals.  Cut a piece of duct tape a little larger than a square.
Fold the top two corners down to make a point.

Wrap the other ends around the pen/pencil/straw.
Keep adding petals in this manner, slightly overlapping them to create the center of the flower.

Add another layer of petals filling in the spaces between the points of the petals.

After you have added as many flowers as you would like, you can add the flowers bottom leaves.  As with the petals, cut a piece of duct tape a little bigger than a square in the same color as the stem.  Fold the top corners to create a point.

Add them to the flower at the flower's base.
These flowers can be made any size you would like and in any color or color combination you would like.  You can even make them on the end of the pencil or pen so that you can still write with it.  I have one that is my "journal pen".

"Just living is not enough.  One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."  - Hans Christian Andersen









No comments:

Post a Comment