Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fun Apron

Every year for Christmas, my god-father (my dad's cousin), would send my grandma a "Christmas Apron".  Now I have one of those aprons and I am thinking that they'd make a great gift AND they could be made for every day or for other holidays.

The base of the apron is a dental hygienist's smock or cobbler's apron.

A fabric picture is then stitched on the front.  This one also has a picture on the back.
These types of smocks/aprons have ties on each side and pockets in the front.

You don't need to be much of a seamstress since the apron part itself is already done.  You just need to follow the edges of your fabric piece.  You could also use fabric paints, sew on jewels, buttons - use your imagination!  They'd be great little girl gifts for a cooking themed birthday party too!

"When I cook with my son, I might chop vegetables and have fun with different shapes.  Cooking is a way to teach kids about other things, like reading or math with all of the weights and measures.  There are so many things that are part of cooking that are also very educational."  -Emeril Lagasse


No comments:

Post a Comment