Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My New Year's Resolution

I made a New Year's Resolution this year.  I didn't limit it to eating better or losing weight or getting more exercise or try to get more sleep.  My resolution is "to be better to myself".  That includes all of the aforementioned things but also includes taking those dance lessons I've been thinking about; packing my new easel in my car for a nature drawing session when I "need" to; having girlfriends over for Downton Abbey viewings - maybe insist on dressing for the occasion; keep fresh flowers around the house; run 5 miles every other day; learn meditation; create more jewelry; design more knitting projects; dress up for work even if I work alone in my office; insist that Chris wait up for the boys once in a while so I can go to bed early; try new restaurants, especially those with roof top seating; visit more art museums and galleries........  I could go on and on and I probably will in my journal tonight.  It'll be like a Bucket List for 2013. 

My challenge to everyone reading this is to make your own "to be better to myself" resolution and create that 2013 Bucket List.  See how many things you can list now but add to the list as the year goes on.  Try to find one positive thing each day no matter how small - visit your local yarn shop just to feel the yarn; have an ice cream cone for dessert at lunch; paint your fingernails bright red; write a note to a friend telling her how special she is; go on a walk in the snow with someone special........  Again I could go on and on but I'd love to hear from you with your ideas!  Here's something I can cross off my 2013 Bucket List:  tubing at Elm Creek with my daughter.  We celebrated the bright, cold Minnesota winter day with some great outdoor fun!
Tomorrow it will be finding Mojo Monkey Donuts and surprising my kiddos to some fresh breakfast rolls/donuts when they wake up!  Being better to myself can also include having fun with the family for which I've been blessed.

"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life."  -Joel Osteen



No comments:

Post a Comment