Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 7, 2013

My Journals

Start keeping a journal.  You can not imagine what a source of entertainment it will become in future years to yourself and to those who come after you! 

I have neglected my journal writing but decided I needed to "get back at it".  I used to write in my journal every night before I went to bed.  I wrote about the day and my thoughts and my fears and my joys and my heartaches......  I always ended my entry with three things for which I was thankful.  Anyone looking at those journals would get a snapshot into my heart, my mind and my daily life. 

I pulled out some of my old journals tonight and read them out loud to my children and my husband.  Some of what I read made us laugh.  Some of it made my husband and I get a little teary-eyed and all  if it reminded it reminded me of how blessed I am!

Here are three journals past:

Two are pretty flat but one looks like this:
Some have things written in them - but not by me:

Some have pictures drawn by my 13 year old when he was 3 years old:
One has a special homemade birthday gift/invitation for coffee and a day of antiquing to me from a dear friend:
I tucked in another journal, all of my mementos from a trip I took to San Francisco with my sister:
A note from my daughter:
My bib from the Fargo 1/2 Marathon:
The very first flower (that wasn't a dandelion) my now 16 year old son gave me when he was 2 years old:
Poems from my aunt:
I plan on writing in my journal again tonight.  I will write about how I got all the laundry put away; that my 13 year old son and I took his snowboard in for petex; we ate dinner together as a family; I had a great 3 mile run outside in the amzaing weather; my mom sent me her "beautiful pictures" and my favorite is a picture of my 97 year old grandma's hands; even though I have a job I love I really would rather be home; I worry that we're not pushing our oldest enough in his academics - all As are great but does this really mean he's being challenged?; I need to get over my addiction to "Greek" on Netflix; I can't forget to buy my daughter black pants for her band concert.......  It's amazing how many things go on in one day!  I will also remember to include the three things I am thankful for - it will be hard to limit it to three!

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."  -Toni Morrison









No comments:

Post a Comment