Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Good After School Snack

Here's another quick snack idea I do for my kids.  I know that a lot of people make something similar at Christmas but why only eat it then?  It's good year round and a handful goes a long way as an after school snack.   

Here's the "base" recipe:

Ingredients:  wheat Chex, peanuts and pretzel sticks.
Put the peanuts, pretzels and Chex on a jelly roll pan and mix them well.


Melt one stick of butter.
To the melted butter, add 2 teaspoons seasoned salt and 4 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.

Pour the butter mixture over the pretzels, peanuts and Chex.  Stir to coat.

Cook in a 250 degree oven for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes. 
Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely.  Store in an air tight container.
Once it's cool, you can also ad variations like raisins and M&Ms or chocolate chunks.  Add cashews, almonds and walnuts.  Use all different types of Chex.  Pretty much anything goes.

 "I don't go long without eating.  I never starve myself:  I grab a healthy snack."  -Vanessa Hudgens





No comments:

Post a Comment