Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frame/Glass Pendant - EASY!

This is a super easy way to make a personalized gift for someone.  It can also be an easy way to create an accessory to match your clothes or mood!

These are the supplies you will need:  a photograph - about an inch in diameter.  Kinkos has some great photo copiers that make shrinking photos so easy!  You can also use an colorful piece of paper or paper and pressed flowers.  Use your imagination.  I used a photograph of me as a baby being held by my Grandma Chickie.
A frame pendant and the glass to fit in it.  They come in many different finishes.  The one I chose for this project is slate.  These you can find online or at Micheal's.  Most bead stores carry them too.  The one by my house, "Bead Basics", has a huge supply of them.
The chain for the pendant.
This is the adhesive you'll need.
The first step is preparing the picture or paper to fit into the pendant.  I used the glass and a sharp Exacto knife to cut around the picture.
Next, add glue to the back of the picture and press into the pendant.

While that is drying, use a sponge brush and apply a thin coat of the Diamond Glaze on to the back side of the glass.  Let it dry.  Put on a second coat and press the glass piece into the pendant, pushing out any bubbles.

Add the chain and you have a necklace!
I like to add a little embellishment to my pendants by attaching beads.  For this necklace, I found a cute flower bead and also added some crystals.

Can't wait to wear it!

"Ideas are the seeds, not the substance, of creativity."  Michael Schrage










No comments:

Post a Comment