Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Favorite Place for Dessert

I wanted to treat my family to some special dessert tonight so I stopped at Truffles & Tortes in Anoka, MN.  It's right on Anoka's Main Street.  If I would have had time, I would have stayed for lunch.  They have wonderful soups and sandwiches but they are really known for the decadent desserts.  (They have limited seating so prepared to wait during a busy Saturday lunch rush.)  Check out their website for hours, location and menu.  Just a glimpse at the first page on their website:  www.trufflesandtortes.com you will see dessert that also is a work of art!

I had a hard time deciding what to buy so I bought two desserts - Red Velvet Cheesecake and Concerto. The Red Velvet Cheesecake was moist on the inside; had a little crunch on the outside due to the white chocolate shavings and a smooth cream cheese frosting on the very top.  It had a soft cream cheese center between the cake layers.

The Concerto is made with "milk chocolate caramel mousse, caramel cream and caramel sauce with a hint of fleur de sel covered in a dark chocolate glaze".  It's so creamy and not overly sweet.


These desserts are sold as "individual desserts" but I split each into five pieces so everyone could have a taste of each.  The portions were not tiny and everyone agreed that they had received a "just right" amount.  I have bought these individual desserts for hostess gifts and as a little birthday treat for a special friend.  We've also given them as gifts to teachers and shared them as our anniversary dessert. 

Truffles and Tortes also sells tarts, petite desserts, cookies, bars and a variety of other goodies.  They have gourmet coffee and also sell breakfast pastries, salads, quiche.......  Quite a variety of delicious items!  Visit them the next time you're in the Anoka area - I know you won't be disappointed!

"Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."  -Anonymous



No comments:

Post a Comment