Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

True Friends

I had my blog all planned out for tonight.  It was going to be a blog topic with my daughter, but.......I had a change of plans after reading something on Facebook that really touched me.

I met up with a friend at Starbucks this afternoon.  I hadn't seen her in 10 years.  We had been MOMs Club members together and lost touch after our children started school and our lives got busy with their new friends.  We still sent each other Christmas cards but it's just wasn't the same as being face to face.  We reconnected through Facebook and decided to meet today for coffee and conversation.

As we parted today, my friend gave me a hug and told me that she was going to post a picture on Facebook tonight that she knew I would recognize.  What she posted brought tears to my eyes as I remember giving it to her about 12 years ago and she had kept it all this time.
I wrote this and had tied it to a gift I had given her.  At the time I gave it to her, it was to tell her how special she was to me.  Seeing it on Facebook so many years later, told me how special I am to her.  Even after all of these years, she is one of my truest friends.

"As we grow up we stop having a ton of friends and we learn that it's more important to have a few real ones."  -Unknown  



 


No comments:

Post a Comment