Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rhinestone & Lace Bracelet

I had plans to do a lot of cleaning today but when my daughter asked if we could make bracelets, I quickly put that crazy notion of a chore day out of my mind!  With a little lacy ribbon, a rhinestone chain, a couple of jump rings, a lobster clasp and a rhinestone charm we made an elegant piece of jewelry.

I took the rhinestone chain, and wrapped it around my wrist as many times as I needed for the look I was looking for.
Then I took the lacy ribbon and measured it against the length of the rhinestone chain and doubled it.

I folded the lacy ribbon in half and attached a jump ring.
I attached the rhinestone chain to the ribbon with black thread, then added a lobster clasp to the jump ring.

By taping the lobster clasp to the table, I removed the need for another two hands to continue my project!
 I separated the ribbon and chain into three sections.
Then I began braiding.

When I got to the end of the ribbon and chain, I folded over the ribbon ends and wrapped thread around the end of the chain to secure it to the ribbon.
I then added another jump ring and a rhinestone charm.
I wrapped it around my wrist three times and it became a very elegant bracelet.
As soon as my daughter saw how it looked, she decided she wanted it!

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  -Pablo Picasso






No comments:

Post a Comment