Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Easy Tile Coasters

I love coasters and have them all over my house.  Most are homemade and the ones I use and like the most are the homemade ones made out of tiles you can buy at any hardware store.  I also have a homemade one that was meant to be a coaster that I put on a little easel and it has become a little piece of art.  One of my son's made it quite a few years ago for a Mother's Day gift.  He used acrylic paint and then applied a thin coat of sealer.
These are also homemade.  The tiles were purchased a Home Depot.  The first step was making sure they were clean and dust free.  The design, both words and trees, are stamped on using permanent stamp ink.  A thin coat of sealer was applied over the stamp when the ink was dry.
Add little felt pads on the backside and you have some great coasters to keep or share!  (These would make fabulous Valentine's gifts!)

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."  -Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment