Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Favorite PBS comedy series

I spent the day doing chores - especially laundry.  Lots and lots of laundry.  I didn't think I'd have anything to write in my blog tonight because of all the laundry but then I remembered what helped me pass the time, washing, drying, folding, ironing and putting away.  I watched hours of "Keeping Up Appearances" on Netfix.

"Keeping Up Appearances" is a British Comedy that can still be seen in reruns on PBS.  I was also able to get episodes on DVD from the library.  I could watch these shows over and over again.  Today, even my 10 year old daughter laughed out loud while watching Hyacinth's boating experience turn into a swimming experience.

The main character's name is Hyacinth.  She aspires to be all things high society but usually ends up falling short in some comical way.  Her husband Richard is a saint to put up with all of her exploits.  Her extended family embarrasses her daily.  Her sister Rose is always getting in trouble with married men.  Her sister Daisy lives with her husband Onslow in a run down area of town.  Her father lives with Daisy and is always running off to join the Foreign Legion or get married to "inappropriate" women.

Watching episode after episode made the laundry chore not so much of a chore! 

"Today could be the day I'm mistaken for somebody important."  -Hyacinth

No comments:

Post a Comment