Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Knit Little Monsters

My daughter begged and begged for me to get this knitting book for her.
At first I was skeptical but she convinced me that these would make great gifts for all of her friends and I was thinking how awesome that she loves knitting enough to branch out and try new/harder projects.  We bought the book and a few days later, this is how I found it.
The one marked and starred she insisted we start right now!  So today while she was at a friend's house,   I went to All About Yarn in Coon Rapids, MN and surprised her with some luscious feeling yarn.  This is now my most favorite yarn!  It is so soft and it's washable.

So with some size 9 needles, the new book and yarn, we were set to go!

The instructions in this book are so simple and the there are pictures to go along with each step.  It is turning out to be a great way to introduce my daughter to knitting with double pointed needles.  She looks pretty comfortable already and she has only done a few rows.

I picked out a monster to make too under the guise that I'm making it for a friend's child.
I plan on  keeping it for my self.  Even adults need little "snugglies"!

"I collect stuffed animals and toys stores make me happy."  -Grace Slick


No comments:

Post a Comment