Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Husband's Favorite Website

Today's blog is in honor of my husband who is very mechanically minded.  He's always trying to figure out how things work.  He's been known to take things apart like dirt bikes, jet skis, cars, toasters, coffee makers, irons.......just to see how they work.  I should also say that he puts them back in working order - most of the time!  

He doesn't read novels but he does read how-to manuals and service manuals and magazines with handy man tips and energy saving ideas.  He also does a lot of research on the internet and I thought I'd share his favorite website.  He checks on it daily.  He enjoys watching video after video of Eric the Car Guy at www.ericthecarguy.com.  I've even been known to take in a few videos.  Today, I learned how a clutch works.  I think it's important to be somewhat knowledgeable on how a car works.  I don't want to be the helpless female stranded on the side of the road!

The videos give practical advice on fixing cars as well as insight into how different parts of the car work.   When my oldest son, who is 16 years old and very much like his dad, was trying to figure out how to remove the front axles from his car, he found what he needed to know from an Eric the Car Guy video.  The videos are elementary but not simple.  Funny but not silly.  Informative but not boring.    

I'm not suggesting that these videos will turn you into a mechanic but they may help you in diagnosing a car problem.  It doesn't hurt to be able to speak with some authority when it comes to getting service on your car.

"Stay dirty!"  -Eric the Car Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment