Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins

My favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is bake.....much to my family's delight!  Today I decided to bake pumpkin muffins.  I have a recipe I usually use but decided to develop my own recipe.  This makes about 2 1/2 dozen muffins.  I think I came up with a tasty recipe is as evident by what's left only a couple hours after making them!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:  baking soda, baking powder, sugar, flour, salt, oil, 15 oz. can  pumpkin, milk chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, 2 eggs and water.
Put 1 1/2 cups of sugar in a large bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Mix in two eggs and the can of pumpkin.

Add 1/2 cup of canola oil and 1/2 cup of water.

To this mixture, add 1/2 teaspoon soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves.




Add 1 2/3 cups of flour.  Stir well to combine.

At this point, you can add nuts and or chocolate chips.  I only add chocolate chips - about half a bag.
Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until tops are firm when pressed.

Cool on a wire rack.  Enjoy!

"When baking, follow directions.  When cooking, go by your own taste."  -Laiko Bahrs









No comments:

Post a Comment