Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Great Quintet

My daughter came home very excited from school.  She loves music and plays the saxophone in the 5th Grade Band.  She has always had fabulous music teachers and her band instructor is fantastic.  Mr. Berger is very enthusiastic and his excitement for music is infectious!

It was Mr. Berger's invited guests that had my daughter so thrilled.  She got to see the Copper Street Brass perform.  I had no idea who they were so she got on line and searched on their name and was able to pull up all kinds of videos of their performances.  They are fantastic!

They are a quintet.  There is one tuba, one trombone, one French horn and two trumpets.  Here is a link to their website.  http://csbqnonprofit.org/  My daughter and my favorite arrangement on their website is "Folds (arr. Bradley)-Fred Jones Part 2 CLIP". They are a very talented group of musicians.  They kind of made me miss playing my trombone!  Maybe I'll have to look up adult trombone lessons!

"Setting my mind on a musical instrument was like falling in love.  All the world seemed bright and changed."  -William Christopher Handy


No comments:

Post a Comment