Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yummy Beef Stew

I knew my boys were going to go snowboarding today right after school so I thought I'd have something simmering in the oven for them to eat before they left.  Both are meat and potato guys so I picked beef stew as their pre-snowboarding meal.  Here is the recipe.

Brown approximately 3 pounds of round steak.
Once brown, add one package of dry onion soup mix and 1/2 a can of beer.  Let simmer for about 20 minutes.

Add 1/2 of a bottle of steak sauce.  I use an off brand of Heinz 57 Sauce.
Stir in 3 cups of potatoes (I use Yukon Gold), 1 cup of celery, 1 cup of carrots, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of cream of celery soup and a can of cream of chicken soup.



Mix well.
Cover and put in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.  Add a 28 oz. can of stewed tomatoes, drained.   Cover and put it back into the over for another hour or until the vegetables are fork tender.
The snowboarders in my house love it!

"Three meals plus bedtime make four sure blessings a day."  -Mason Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment