Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Another Fun Weekend in Minneapolis, MN

I have another "must do" for anyone in the Twin Cities or any one willing to travel here for a weekend.    Some girl friends and I are going to the Junk Bonanza at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, MN April 18th through April 20th.  Here is a link to their website for all of the info.  www.junkbonanza.com  Here's a link to a video that shows the fun!  www.junkbonanza.com/video.php

I'm hoping to get ideas for using vintage jewelry to make it new and I'm always on the look out for old printing letters.  One of my friends is really into repurposed things like glassware.  On New Year's Eve she used an antique chandelier as a centerpiece with candles where the lights would go.  Another friend has girls who take riding lessons and she's always looking for things horse tack related.  (She's the one who beaded horse shoes in one of my earlier blogs.)  The third friend making the trek is actually my horse lover friend's oldest daughter.  She's in her mid twenties and has her mom's eye for artistry.  She has her own place and is looking for all kinds of fun things to use to decorate.

When my husband heard my plans, he couldn't quite grasp the "junk" concept!  According to him, we have all the JUNK we need!

"At flea markets I always head for the junk table first."  -Ethel Merman

No comments:

Post a Comment