Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vintage Earring Bracelet

Over Easter I bought quite a few pairs of vintage clip earrings.
Here are the step by step pictures/instructions for a project I did today where I used a few of them.  Other than the earrings,
 I also used some bracelet findings and a bracelet with frames (purchased at Micheal's for $2).
The tools I used were wire cutters, a beading pliers and jewelry and metal glue.
The first step was to cut off the backs of the earrings.  I needed a little extra muscle for this job so I recruited my husband.
I put a "glob" of glue on the back of the earring and pressed it on to one of the bracelet frames.
I followed these steps until all frames had an earring glued to it.
The last step was adding the bracelet findings (this could also have been the first step - I prefer to add them at the end).
Here is my completed bracelet. 
 This would be a great project and gift for a niece, daughter or granddaughter if you used your grandmother's costume jewelry.  It's not very expensive to do and requires about fifteen minutes to complete.  I can't wait to wear mine!







No comments:

Post a Comment