Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fresh New Cookbook

Just a quick blog tonight because I'm running behind on my Sunday evening chores and would like to go to bed before midnight!!  One of the tasks I have left to do is to make a menu for the coming week.  I've really been trying to be more conscious about where the food comes from that I feed my family.  I've always worried about hormones in our meat and dairy products but now I'm also concerned about all the other chemicals we come in contact with in our food.  I have two great cookbooks that are helping me on my quest to healthier eating.

The Eat-Clean Diet for Family & Kids by Tosca Reno I use mostly for after school snack ideas and school lunch suggestions.  The author also gives great advice on how to shop for clean diet foods - what to look for and what to stay away from.

Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook has wonderful entree recipes that use ingredients I can actually find in my local grocery store.  They require lots of fresh produce and a variety of proteins.  All food that my children will eat too!
Tosca Reno also has a website:  www.eatcleandiet.com  My favorites on the website are the Meal Plans and the Recipes.  I think I may use the Meal Plans tonight!

"The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years."  -Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment