Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Little Candle Holders

After a 12 hour work day, I'm so exhausted.  One of my best relaxation vices after a long day is a very hot bubble bath.  No bubble bath is complete without candles.  My favorite candles were made a few years ago by my daughter.  They require very little supplies and even less creative talent.

All you need is a glass candle holder, preferably one with a ridge,  (mine are like little glass plant pots); craft glue and some tiny seed beads.  Spread some glue with your finger along the edge of the candle holder.  Either roll the candle holder in the seed beads by using a low sided dish, or sprinkle the beads into the glue.  If you choose to sprinkle the beads, be sure to use a beading pad or paper towel under the  candle holder.  Beads bounce so if you are sprinkling over a table or counter top, beads that don't stick into the glue will bounce all over!

Here's what they look like after they dry.



These are another great Mother's Day gift idea.  I know I sure love mine!!!!

"How far that little candle throws its beams!  So shines a good deed in a naughty world."  -William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment