Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fine Art & Flowers

One of my most favorite events at the Minneapolis Museum of Art starts tonight, April 25 and runs through Sunday, April 28.  I remember the first time I went to Art in Bloom.  I had just finished my junior year of college and my boyfriend at the time, knew that I loved art museums and flowers so he planned a trip to the MIA for Art in Bloom - that was 25 years ago.

What is Art in Bloom?  It is "a four-day festival of fresh floral arrangements and fine art."  Throughout the museum, there are wonderful floral arrangements that too could be described as art, displayed next to some amazing fine art pieces!  They are not just randomly placed arrangements.  Each one reflects or mirrors some aspect of the fine art it is partnered with.  Here are some examples from the MIA website.




Entrance to the museum is always free.  You can however, purchase tickets for a special event which takes place tomorrow.  Tomorrow there will be an Asian Fusion floral workshop.  (Today there was a demonstration of floral arrangements from around the world.)  Here's a link to the MIA website for more information www.artsmia.org/art-in-bloom-2013/

I'm hoping to visit the MIA sometime this weekend with my daughter.  We may even bring our sketch pads along and make a day of it!

"When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower.  If it clashes, it is not art."  -Paul Cezanne

No comments:

Post a Comment