Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Junk Bonanza

It was a Junk Bonanza day in Shakopee, MN!  I went with two girlfriends and we spent six hours browsing, and digging, sharing ideas and getting ideas at each booth.
It will definitely be on my calendar for next year!  There was a little bit of everything, including a really yummy Bloody Mary!
There was a lot of old, tattered stuff and lot of stuff made new.   Here's just a sampling of some of the fun and creative items we saw.

Wine Racks - made from ice tongs and a wrench
A Lamp Shade - made from picture slides
A magnet - made from a little tart tin
A chalk board - made from a gilded tray
A bench - made from a truck bed and tail gate
Whimsical garden art - made from mason jars, wires, washers, silverware, old Christmas bulbs, tin cans and pop bottles
A bridal bouquet - made from vintage pins, earrings and necklaces
A movable table - made from reclaimed wood and wire baskets
There was a lot I would have liked to buy but would need a much larger home.  I did get some great ideas for little projects though and I did buy a few things.
I'm going to make magnets with the little tins.  I will use the vintage earrings and pin to create new jewelry and the glass and silver relish tray will be re-purposed as a jewelry tray for my daughter's jewelry.  I have many new ideas for things sitting in my garage and basement.  I can't wait to get started!

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."  Thomas A. Edison







No comments:

Post a Comment