Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Great Bread

I admit it.....I'm a bread girl.  I don't care how many carbs there are either.  There's nothing like a great piece of bread to add to a meal.  Tonight I had to work late but I still wanted my family to eat a meal together so I made a simple hotdish and some great bread.

I made my own bread but this recipe could just as easily be made with frozen bread dough or frozen roll dough.  You just need a bundt or angel food cake pan, a little nonstick spray, butter and some spices.

Spray the pan and drizzle about a tablespoon of melted butter in the bottom of the pan.  Sprinkle in your spices - about 1/3 teaspoon each.  Here is what I used:  thyme, rosemary, garlic salt, paprika, parsley, basil and then I added a little bigger amount of sesame seeds and parmesan cheese (about 1/3 Tablespoon).  Drop in about 15 pieces of bread dough/buns.  Add a little more melted butter and spices then add 15 more pieces of bread dough/buns ending with the last layer of butter and spices. 

Bake in a 350 degree oven until the buns on top are golden brown then invert on a plate.  Let cool and you have a great addition to your meal!
My family really enjoyed it - even without me!

"All sorrows are less with bread."  -Miguel de Cevantes Saavedra


No comments:

Post a Comment