Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Old Made New

With it snowing outside and everyone safely tucked in at home, I got out my craft supplies and started on a project that I been inspired to do after going to the Junk Bonanza last weekend. 

I took out some old fabric and burlap,
an old tart tin (my Junk Bonanza find),
a vintage clip earring with the back clipped off,
and a magnet and went to work creating a new fridge/locker/message board magnet.
I cut the burlap using the outside of the tart tin as my guide.
I stitched the center to gather it a bit.
Next I cut a piece of fabric a bit smaller than the burlap piece
I put a dab of glue in the bottom of the tin and pressed the burlap into the glue.
Then I put glue on the fabric piece and pressed it onto the burlap.
I used a bit of jewelry glue to attach the vintage earring.
I also used the jewelry glue to attach the magnet to the back of the tin.
Here's my new magnet made out of old "stuff". 
Can't wait to make more!  I have lots of ideas using beads, yarn, tiny letters, paper, glitter and lots of other fun craft supplies!

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."  -Franklin D. Roosevelt














No comments:

Post a Comment