Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Whimsical Bouquet

This gloomy weather has made everyone in my house really crabby.  Thankfully we have a membership to the YMCA which has kept my two older sons busy now that snowboarding season has ended and baseball season hasn't yet started.  It seems to help their mood when they can lift weights, use the elliptical machines and soak in the hot tub. 

I also like to try to keep the house bright and cheerful when it's cloudy, snowy and rainy outside.  It would cost a fortune to keep fresh flowers around all of the time (that's one thing I would do if I every won the lottery)!  So instead of real flowers, one thing that I keep out year round is the forever bouquet my daughter made for me. 
It makes me smile every time I look at it.  No two flowers are a like and they are all made from simple materials like a discarded birthday present bow,
construction paper cut in a spiral,
layers of tissue paper,
a little knit strip made into a heart shape,
scrap lace gathered at the edge and plastic beads in the center,
a tiny ball of yarn,
ribbon cut into strips and tied in the center,
and leftover curly ribbon with a piece of tissue paper.
All of these flowers have stems of green pipe cleaners.  The pot has a florist frog in it and the pipe cleaners are stuck into the frog.  I have this "ray of sunshine" sitting on my kitchen counter where I can see it every morning.  This would make a great Mother's Day gift for a special mom or grandma!  If the sun doesn't come out soon, I may have to have my daughter make one of these for every room of our house to create a little whimsy and joy wherever I look!

"Just living is not enough.  One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."  -Hans Christian Andersen







No comments:

Post a Comment