Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 22, 2012

8x10s Displayed a New Way

My husband is a master craftsman when it comes to woodworking.  (In a future blog, I will display and give construction plans for the beds he made for our children.)  Whenever I come up with a problem, he uses his construction skills and creativity to make a fabulous solution to my problem.

My most recent issue was regarding hanging a number of photographs on the wall.  I was worried about getting them hung straight and even.  I also worried about changing the photographs.  Once the frames were on the wall would those photographs/frames be permanent?  Chris came up with an amazing solution!  The frames are attached to individual "pockets" and those "pockets" are all connected so one piece is attached to the wall - not each individual frame. 
 I can remove each individual frame and this is the "pocket".
The silver circles are four washers. 
They line up with the four magnets attached to the frames.
The individual frame "sticks" into the "pocket".
I can pop the frame out at any time and change the photograph at will.  I never have to worry about the frames being straight or even.  I will never have to worry about the nail falling out and the hole it came from getting too big.  I LOVE this solution!  If you're interested in the construction plans, let me know.......my husband has given me permission to pass them on.

"The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends."  -B.R. Ambedkar




No comments:

Post a Comment